Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ethnography Results, Week 8

Wesley and I will go tomorrow night (Wednesday) as we normally do.

Update:

Wesley and I went to Revs Wednesday night as planned. I must say, it was a pretty awful night to go. There wasn't much of a crowd, and the wind made it cold. On top of that, the performers for the Open Mic Night were absolutely horrible. They couldn't sing, tune an instrument, or set the appropriate volumes for Mic and instruments. We couldn't hear them over their instruments. Wesley and I each had one beer. Only one of the people there was someone we recognized from previous trips, and he was also one of the performers. There were 10-15 people there total, and this was even after arriving at 1015. The music did not start until 1020 or so, even though it usually starts at 10. I attribute the late start and the lack of crowd due to that the performers who had followers were not there. Revs didn't have any "star power," so to speak, meaning they didn't have the people who had generated followings performing. Perhaps those popular performers were even performing somewhere else, and took their groupies with them. I was really disappointed that this was how we were going to end our study of Revs. I enjoyed the previous 2 or 3 trips, but this one was just awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment