Friday, March 11, 2011

Ethnography Results, Week 5

Wesley and I went back to Revs on Wednesday, March 9th. We arrived a little after 9. It was still very empty, even though it was Open Mic Night. There were three women to our right, and three more women arrived as we were about to leave. These people did not dress as many of the people we had previously seen, leading me to believe the atmosphere is different on Wednesday nights. Additionally, the bartenders were different as well. They were women as well, and not dressed "artsy" or eccentric. I could not see the people at the bar because my back was turned and I felt turning around and staring was a bad idea. However, this group was quite loud. It made it difficult to talk to Wesley. Obviously this group was either a regular, given how comfortable they were to dominate the scene, or they had already had too much to drink.

I had a Sam Adams Winter Lager, while Wesley had a Newcastle. Upon ordering we noticed that the beer was more expensive than last time, which prompted a look to the specials board. It turns out that Thursday is a better night if you like imported beer like Newcastle.

Discussion: I like the bar alright, especially on Wednesday. I'm more comfortable in that crowd as opposed to the crowds we have been seeing. I think we should try to arrive and stay a little later than we have, but it is really dang hard to find the time to do that. The beer isn't cheap, but it's decently priced for a bar. The main complaint I have is the lack of people. I don't like it when people can over hear my conversations, and I prefer larger crowds when I go out. The atmosphere just seems to be stale with the crowds we have been seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment